Environmental sustainability driving design-based development
We took a broad-ranging approach to sustainable architecture, one that implements many of the predictable elements, low VOC materials and energy efficiencies, then exceeds regulatory requirements and green building standards. We are incorporating advanced systems including passive home, solar energy, geothermal and rainwater harvesting for a net zero carbon performance. The challenge is to weave sustainable design elements into a broader framework that incorporates social and financial viability. To that end, environmental sustainability is aligned with value creation where the building lasts longer, improves urban streetscape and costs less to maintain.
Solar PowerSolar is an established source of clean sustainable energy. Solar panels are the most efficient, durable technology on the market, with an expected life of more than 40 years. Today solar power is less expensive than conventional energy.
Up to 4,000 SQFT of solar panels provide 86,400 kWh photovoltaic solar array, equivalent to the energy consumption of 8 homes
- Net metering is a billing strategy where Hydro customers are credited for surplus electricity produced during the day against night utilization
- Optional battery storage protects homes incase of power outage
Seamlessly integrated free electric vehicle charging
Rain Water HarvestingWater utility rates are the fastest increasing utility cost in Ontario. Protecting our clean fresh water is a priority.
- Rooftop rain water harvesting, filtration and storage
- Repurposing rain water for the pool, toilets and irrigation conserves 450,000 litres annually
- Natural storm water management by conserving all of the green space
- Permeable pavers on driveways and walkways encourage natural soil drainage
Geothermal Heating AND Cooling
Buildings’ heating and cooling accounts for 39% of all carbon emissions. The average homeowner saves $3,000 per year by switching to geothermal exchange heating in the winter and cooling in the summer.
- Super high efficiency heat/cooling pumps
- Very comfortable radiant floor heating
- Heat recovery ventilation
Combating Climate Change
Location and OrientationLightly coloured finishes function as a solar reflectors, to minimize thermal heat gain in the summer (the heat island effect). In the winter, passive solar heating is enabled by large windows that permit the low winter sun to flow into the interior, providing natural light and warmth. The thermal mass of the floors stores heat gain during the day, and releases it in the evening. The energy generated inside is conserved through sealed and continuous insulation, airtightness and ventilation with heat recovery.
- Engineered cantilevered sunshades allow natural daylight into the building while limiting solar heat gain
- They reduce the need for air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter
By integrating the parking underground, we lifted the building up, optimized the views and maximized natural illumination and ventilation. The outdoor space is streamlined to the rooftop terrace and pool for everyone to enjoy the amenities and panoramic views of the Niagara Gorge and the city. The communal design encourages spontaneous interactions outside of the normally private home.
Building Material and Features
Steel, concrete and stone are extraordinary building material with incredible resilience and benefits. Home owners can be assured knowing that their building will last indefinitely with little to no maintenance, significantly reducing environmental impact.
Stone flooring on the roof is highly resistant to atmospheric pollutants, UV rays and extreme temperatures.
Architectural wall systems are engineered for intensive use on continuously insulated and ventilated facades, yet add a light and avant-garde aesthetic to the building.
Passive house standard is at least 200% more efficient than the Ontario Building Code, includes R-80 roof insulation, R-45 wall insulation and a sealed building envelope.
Noise transference mitigation design yielding sound transmission class ratings exceeding Ontario building code requirements
Exceeding the 2018 Toronto Green Standard recommendation of less than 50% window-to-wall ratio, solar shading, high-performance glazing assemblies, energy-recovery ventilation, etc.
- Traction elevator provides smoother ride with superior energy efficiency compared to hydraulic units
The Million Dollar View
- Fifty foot rooftop infinity lap pool
- Pre-fabricated one-piece stainless steel vessel and shell warranted for 25 years
Perfectly situated in the epicentre of Niagara Falls, the location is steps away from the historic downtown and the eccentric Clifton Hill, where there are a plethora of attractions, cafes and restaurants. The neighbourhood itself is serene and family friendly, nestled in nature’s masterpiece.
- Overlooking the Niagara river to the East, great hiking and fishing awaits at the splendid Niagara Gorge which extends for 11 kilometres downstream to the Queenston escarpment.
- The spectacular Niagara Falls are on display to the South.
- To the West is a city park with an open field, tennis, basketball and soccer courts, and childrens’ play structures.
- The Niagara parkway and bike path wind to the charming city of Niagara-on-the-Lake, where you may explore Niagara Parks, botanical gardens and wineries.
An integrated design team ensures that each element of the building is optimized to maximize occupants comfort and experience. We showcase innovative products, equipment and market solutions to deliver a healthy and productive indoor environment.
- Solid-core suite entry doors open to spacious floorpans with 10 foot ceilings in the condominiums, whilst lofts soar up to 18 feet.
- An inner volume of 3 rooms on the main level lead to an open layout where living, entertainment and work spaces can be configured as desired
- Every detail is designed with an artistic impression and luxurious finishes, such as the ultra-clean wall reveals and trims.
Windows and Doors
- Architectural, slim lines and big glass
- European style tilt & turn windows provide maximum ventilation, egress and thermal sealing
- Engineered wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling moveable glass walls open 13’ wide to the outdoors
- Triple-glazed low E Argon high performance (U-values 0.13 – 0.17)
Robust automated shading systems offer reliable, functional solution to control glare, reduce solar heat gain and natural light control
Intelligent Home Automation
Unified control of the entire home
- Smart LED lighting with occupancy sensors
- Security systems and cameras
- Smart locks with audio/video communication
- Smart thermostats, sun shades, and more
- Work in conjunction with the HVAC for added energy savings
- Fans produce a 10 degree cooling effect in the summer. In winter they push hot air trapped at the ceiling back down to the floor.
Spacious and elegant, strictly modern with clean lines, designed with refined minimalism, manufactured locally by skilled artisans, using only premium material and fine finishes
- Full 8’ x 5’ waterfall stone island
- Professional grade appliances to satisfy the most discerning chefs
- Countertops and backsplash with stone slabs
- Double stainless steel under mount sink with pull-out spray faucet
WOLF PROFESSIONAL INDUCTION RANGE
- American-made, Gold standard quality with 20 year lifespan
Advantages of induction cooking are speed and heat-efficiency
Electricity flows through a coil, generating a magnetic field under the ceramic glass surface. The current instantaneously generates heat within the pan, leaving the rest of the cooktop cool.
Dual convection precisely controls heat and airflow over 3 racks
SIRIUS pro ventilation built-in hood with 600 CFM
SUB-ZERO REFRIGERATOR FREEZER
- American-made, Gold standard with 20 year lifespan
- Designer tall integrated with automatic ice maker and internal dispenser
- 30” for condominiums and 36” for lofts
- Custom matching panels
- Locks in cold air with a magnetic door seal system
- Air and water purification system fights spoilage and odors
- Nano-coated spill-proof shelving
- Monitor and control remotely with Wi-Fi connectivity
- ASKO dishwasher
- Large format wall tiles
- Curb-less showers with single slope to linear drain
- Stand-alone natural stone 6’ tubs in lofts
- Shower glass partitions with niche in the wall
- Water-efficient dual flush rain water toilets
- Designer fixtures with pressure balance valve
- Low-flow taps and shower heads aerators
- Full width designer vanity mirror with lighting
Underground, FOB security, stair and elevator access
- Solar-powered electrical vehicle charging stations
- Handicap parking
- Bicycle parking and storage
- Grey water to power wash in the garage