We are taking a broad-ranging approach to sustainable architecture, exceeding regulatory requirements and green building standards. We are incorporating advanced systems including passive home, solar energy, geothermal and rainwater harvesting to lower our carbon footprint. A sustainable design that incorporates social and financial viability is aligned with value creation where the building lasts longer, improves urban streetscape and costs less to maintain.
Solar is an established source of clean sustainable energy. Solar panels are the most efficient, durable technology on the market, with a 40 year life expectancy.
Up to 4,000 SQFT of solar panels provide 86,400 kWh photovoltaic solar array, equivalent to the energy consumption of 8 homes
Net metering is a billing strategy where Hydro customers are credited for surplus electricity produced during the day
Battery storage protects home incase of power outage*
Integrated electric vehicle charging
Rain Water Harvesting
Water utility rates are the fastest increasing utility cost in Ontario. Protecting our clean fresh water is a priority.
- Rooftop rain water harvesting, filtration and storage
- Repurposing rain water conserves up to 450,000 litres annually
- Natural storm water management by conserving green space
- Permeable pavers on driveways and walkways encourage natural soil drainage
Geothermal Heating AND Cooling
Heating and cooling accounts for 39% of all carbon emissions. The average homeowner saves over $3,000 per year by switching to geothermal exchange heating in the winter and cooling in the summer.
- Super high efficiency heat/cooling pumps
- Comfortable radiant floor heating
Combating Climate Change
Location and Orientation
Lightly coloured finishes function as a solar reflectors that minimize thermal heat gain in the summer (the heat island effect). In the winter, passive solar heating is enabled by large windows that permit the low winter sun to flow into the interior, providing natural light and warmth. The thermal mass of the floors stores heat gain during the day, and releases it in the evening. The energy generated inside is conserved through sealed and continuous insulation, airtightness and ventilation with energy recovery.
- Engineered cantilevered sunshades allow natural daylight into the building while limiting solar heat gain
- They reduce the need for air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter
By integrating parking underground, the building is elevated 10 feet above street level, optimizing views, privacy, natural illumination and ventilation. The rooftop terraces offer panoramic views of Niagara Falls and Escarpment. Professional landscaping preserves the existing mature trees, and provides porches, walkways and gardens.
Perfectly situated in the epicentre of Niagara Falls, the location is steps away from the historic downtown and the eccentric Clifton Hill, where there are a plethora of attractions, cafes and restaurants. The neighbourhood itself is serene and family friendly, nestled in nature’s masterpiece.
- Overlooking the Niagara river to the East, great hiking and fishing awaits at the splendid Niagara Gorge which extends for 11 kilometres downstream to the Queenston escarpment.
- The magnificent Niagara Falls are on display to the South.
- To the West is a city park with an open field, tennis, basketball and soccer courts, and childrens’ play structures.
- The Niagara parkway and bike path wind to the charming city of Niagara-on-the-Lake, where you may explore Niagara Parks, botanical gardens and wineries.
Building Material and Features
Cross laminated timber (CLT) substantially reduces green house gas emissions, creates a more sustainable, aesthetic and healthy built environment.
Polished and sealed concrete floors.
Wide plank engineered hardwood flooring with acoustic underlay.*
Passive house insulation and a sealed building envelope is 200% more efficient than Ontario Building Code.
Stone flooring on the roof is highly resistant to atmospheric pollutants, UV rays and extreme temperatures.
Architectural wall systems are engineered for intensive use on continuously insulated and ventilated facade, that adds a light and avant-garde aesthetic to the building.
Exceeding the 2018 Toronto Green Standard recommendation of under 50% window-to-wall ratio, using only high-performance glazing assemblies and solar shading.
Traction elevator provides smoother ride with superior energy efficiency compared to hydraulic systems.
An impressive array of luxuries awaits within each bespoke unit. The integrated design team ensures that every element of the building is optimized to maximize occupants comfort and experience. Designing with an artistic impression using the finest craftsmanship, we showcase innovative market solutions to deliver a healthy and productive indoor environment.
- 9 to 19 foot ceilings
- Extended height, solid core entry door with security view-hole and contemporary hardware
- An inner volume of 3 rooms on the main floor can be configured as desired for living, working and entertaining.
- Modern open-concept floor plans are customizable to suit personal taste.
- State-of-the-art noise transference mitigation to eliminate sound transmission for a tranquil home.
- Comfortable floor radiant heating.
- Minimalist floating metal stairs covered with oak or stone, complemented with frameless glass guards.
- Stûv 16 clean burning EPA certified wood stove.*
- Integrated fire and burglary resistive safe.*
- Ultra-clean wall reveals and trims.
- Cable and category 5 ethernet and telephone wiring to living room, bedroom and den as per plan.
- Capped ceiling outlet in dining area and bedrooms as per plan
- Pot lights in hallways and bathrooms
- Fire sprinkler system, smoke, heat and carbon monoxide detectors
Windows and Doors
- Architectural slim lines wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows
- Lift and Slide glass doors open 13’ wide to the outdoors
- European style tilt & turn windows provide maximum ventilation, egress and thermal sealing
- Triple-glazed low E Argon high performance (U-values 0.13 – 0.17)
Robust automated shading systems offer reliable, functional solutions to control glare, solar heat gain and natural light.
- Motorized shading system elegantly designed to accentuate modern aesthetics
- Shades can seamlessly integrate with automation and lighting control systems
Intelligent Home Automation
Unified control of the entire home
- Smart thermostats, sun shades, and more
- Smart LED lighting with occupancy sensors
- Communication system for direct-to-suite visitor access
- Security systems and cameras
- Smart locks with audio/video communication
- Fans produce a 10 degree cooling effect in the summer. In winter they push hot air trapped at the ceiling back down to the floor.
- Work in conjunction with the HVAC for added energy savings
Spacious and elegant, custom designed with refined minimalism using only premium material and finishes
- European-designed cabinetry and doors
- Full 8’ x 5’ waterfall stone island
- Professional grade appliances to satisfy the most discerning chefs
- Countertops and backsplash with stone slabs
- Double stainless steel under mount sink with single lever deck-mounted spray arm faucet
- Curb-less showers with single slope to linear drain
- Stand-alone natural stone 6’ bathtubs in all lofts
- Frameless glass shower partitions
- Large format stone tiles in all showers and bathrooms*
- Shower wall niche
- Pressure balanced mixing valve in all showers
- Dual flush rain water toilets
- Designer all-metal plumbing fixtures
- Full width designer vanity with stone countertop and integrated mirror lighting as per plan
Underground, FOB security, stair and elevator access
- Solar-powered electrical vehicle charging stations*
- Handicap parking
- Bicycle parking and storage
- Grey water to power wash in the garage
* denotes certain features available as an upgrade only